After winning their previous 2 league game the blues went into this match on a high and were expecting to win.

From the very first minute it looked like this would be the case. The early tactics of dominating possession and playing through the wings looked like it was going to pay off. Hana and Rayyan were playing the ball out from the back, and Ethan and Luca were terrorising the Beaconsfield defence on the wings. Luca with raw pace and Ethan using his trickery on the ball.

Despite dominating, goals were yet to come, and Beaconsfield certainly had a threat up front with their powerful centre forward.

It was however the blues who struck first with a cross/shot from Josh just bouncing into the corner of the goal. The ball travelled through the goal but the referee rightly awarded the goal despite some confusion.

Beaconsfield were not down and out from this though. They replied with a solo goal from their powerful striker who ran half the length of the pitch and unleashed a rocket into the top corner. We weren’t to know at this stage, but this was all that Oliver would have to deal with all afternoon.

Just before half time came to a close it was Chesham who would go into the break on top, when Makise capitalised on a loose ball and rifled in a low shot to the corner of the goal.

It was only 2-1 at half time but we looked comfortable on the ball, and the team were told to push on for a more convincing win in the second half. Early intentions of dominance came to fruition with 2 goals early on in the half. Firstly, it was Antony who continued his scoring form with another well taken goal, and secondly Josh bagged his second of the match with a well-placed 30-yard free kick that lobbed over the keeper and into the net.

We decided to push Bella up front for the rest of the match and it paid off for her. A cross came in from the left and Bella managed to get to the ball before their keeper did, and earned her first goal of the season.

All in all, it was a good performance, and the 5-1 score line probably flattered Beaconsfield more than Chesham.

This was the second game in a row against Chalfont Saints for Chesham United U12 blues. The previous encounter saw the blues come out victorious with a 4-2 home win, with assistant coach Tim Lunn stepping in for the head coach who was unable to attend. 

The tactics for this match was to utilise the width of the pitch. Makise was tasked with spreading the ball wide to either Ethan or Luca to use their pace to full effect and get in round their full backs and then to whip the crosses in for the centre forward. 

Early possession for the blues suggested the game was certainly winnable. Luca and Ethan were causing havoc on the wings and their persistence was rewarded after 10 minutes when Ethan was put through one on one with the keeper, and Ethan calmly swept the ball into the net to make it 1-0.

At 1-0 all the possession belonged to the blues. Intricate one twos in all areas of the park were coming off, the ball was being played from the full backs up to the wingers and the passing was good. 

Special mention to Rayyan at this point for a pin point pass that split the chalfont defense. Ethan was through on goal again for a one on one but this time couldn't manage to find the net. Persistent pressure soon paid off though when a speculative long range shot from Makise was deflected into the net. This was harsh for the chalfont keeper who had earlier made a couple of very good saves.

Ideas of the blues coasting to an easy win were dashed however when the saints got a goal from Nowhere. Their striker ran clear and put an unstoppable ball past Oliver who had previously dealt with everything that had been thrown at him.

At the end of the second half Josh had a strike well saved by the keeper, which Antony then followed up and scored the rebound to make it 3-1 at half time.

In the second half it was more of the same but Chalfont were better in the defense. Luca had been singled out for some special attention and was on the wrong end of an upending, then sandwiched and lastly winded after falling from a heavy challenge. 

The last laugh however was for Luca as he finished beautifully into the top corner after coming back on after one of his injury withdrawls. 

It now looked like there would be a rout but the goals just didn't come. Josh hit the bar from a free kick, Kieran was marauding down the left hand side and Thomas played a stormer at Right back with no one getting past him.


Next week we play Beaconsfield. This won't be an easy game as we will be short on numbers. Toby continues his recovery from a broken arm, whilst the Jaycock brothers are out due to family commitments. 










A BIG well done to the Blues for reaching the quarter finals of the Holmer Green Tournament, a great day was enjoyed by all.

It was the first league game of the season for the new look Chesham United Blues U12's. After some successful tournaments over the summer, where they reached the latter stages without actually winning the competition, the hopes were high.

Congratulations go out to Ethan, Hana and Anthony on making their Blues debuts today, in what proved to be a very eventful game.

As the game went underway it was the Blues who were the slowest out of the blocks. They looked lethargic and were not winning the all important balls in the middle of the park. After some poor distribution the Blues went a goal down from a long range effort with the keeper (Oliver Wise) off his line. Heads seemed to drop then and Bourne End were dominant. Two more goals soon followed and the Blues were looking downbeat. They trudged off the park at half time losing 3 nil and looked very dejected.

At half time the players were told to go out, win the game and hold their heads up high. The team talk worked and within the first minute the Blues pulled one back. Anthony Coles on his debut went clear down the right hand side and crossed into the middle of the penalty area. Toby Dixon controlled the ball and hit his shot towards goal where it deflected in off a Bourne End defender.

The Blues smelt blood and were now winning the balls in the middle of the pitch. Makise Evans, Bella Adams, Ethan Lunn, Luca Britton and Josh Anwar all had stints in midfield and they were now running the show.

As the game drew on Bourne End were still coming on to the Blues, and some resolute defending from tghe Jaycock brothers and Hana Hetherington kept them in the game.

Cheshams second goal came from an innocous goal kick. Toby Dixon put his foot through the ball and it cleared thedir defense. Ethan Lunn was on it like a fox and calmy tucked away the goal.

By this point Bourne End were frantic. With their manager barking orders at his defense it looked like they were rattled.

Anthony Coles then got his first goal for Chesham United with a bundled ball over the line. At this point the 50 strong crowd were going wild (Boistered by the Clarets coming to watch the last 20 minutes of the game).

As the game drew to a close the fairy tale came to fruition. Toby was put through by Josh Anwar and he calmly slotted the ball into the back of the net.

4-3 to the blues and then the final whistle was blown. Congatulations to all the players today. They really showed some desire coming back from the half time score.